We take great pride in our uniform and it is important that all children and parents support us in ensuring that children have the correct uniform at all times. Our uniform has been chosen to keep costs as low as possible for parents and carers. To avoid unnecessary cost, please ensure all uniform is clearly labelled with your child’s name.
Items marked with an asterix (*) must be bought through our uniform supplier (School Uniform Direct - click here for details). Other items may be purchased from shops of your choice, as long as they meet our requirements.
At Hillbrook Primary School, uniform is compulsory – all of our children are required to wear:
- White polo shirt with logo*
- Navy blue sweatshirt (or cardigan for girls) with logo*
- Plain navy or grey trousers, pinafore or skirt
- Plain black trainers or black flexible outdoor shoes (open toe sandals or shoes with a heel should not be worn for health and safety reasons)
- Blue gingham summer dress for girls (to be work in the summer term only)
Optional items that may also be purchased include: a reversible jacket with a school logo and a navy book bag for children to hold reading books, home journals, homework and letters.
Order name tags from the following link and help us raise funds at the same time!
- Plain navy blue shorts or navy jogging bottoms
- Plimsolls or sensible trainers
- Plain white T-shirt
We suggest that all children store their PE kit in a drawstring bag (clearly labelled with their name).
During the winter months it is also helpful to provide your child with a spare pair of socks to be kept at school in case of bad weather.
As a general rule, jewellery is neither safe nor appropriate for young children at school. We therefore insist that these rules are followed:
- Only one pair of stud earrings may be worn – no hoops/sleepers please
- Studs should be in the ears only
- No bracelets, chains, necklaces or rings should be worn
Watches may be worn but please don’t let children bring expensive watches to school, particularly on PE and swimming days, as the school cannot take responsibility if they are lost.
Why School Uniform is Important
We believe that wearing school uniform helps to promote unity and team spirit among our pupils, but it also greatly improves the safety of your child while at school.
Thank you for your continued support in helping to build a strong future for the children of Hillbrook Primary School.