Services Offered for Adults
Supporting adults in order to support the children
When adults are facing difficulties in their lives or are troubled by negative experiences from their own childhoods, it can create a high level of emotional strain, which in turn can have a negative impact on children’s emotional wellbeing.
Place2Be recognise this and realise the best way to support children and make a lasting impact is by supporting parents/carers and school staff too.
Place2Think – for teaching staff:
- Support for teachers and school staff to discuss any issues relating to children or referrals.
- Timetabled sessions or drop-in times, as required.
Place for Parents:
A Place for Parents is a free and confidential service for individuals or couples. It offers time and space with a qualified professional to talk and think about feelings to do with them and their children, and to work out solutions that feel right.
‘My aim is to help parents and carers build confidence, develop ways of coping and better understand and communicate with their children, so that family life can be less of a struggle’, says one Place2Be Parent Worker.
‘I have been warmly welcomed by all the school staff and I am pleased to be part of this forward-thinking school community’.
Support for parents/carers:
- Referrals made through the School Project Manager are passed to our Parent Counsellor.
- 8 weekly sessions initially, these can be extended to up to a year.
- Sessions typically held at Hillbrook on Tuesdays.
- Free and confidential service
If you think Place for Parents could be of benefit to you, or you would like to know more, speak to The Place2Be School Project Manager who can help you decide if you would like some support. They will arrange for you to meet with the Parent Worker.