Computing at Hillbrook
At Hillbrook we believe all children have the potential to be admirable digital citizens and innovative digital content creators. We aim to equip all children with the skills and knowledge they will need to be active participants in a digital world. Our computing curriculum offers a robust set of experiences across three key areas: ICT, Digital Literacy and Coding allowing children to develop creativity and computational thinking. E-Safety is incorporated in all computing lessons and reflects the school’s 3Rs ethos.
Computing embeds links with a range of subject areas including: maths, English, science and design and technology. Through a range of digital technologies, clubs and interventions we provide all children with the opportunity to succeed in their learning.
- Using search engines effectively and safely.
- Understanding networks and the internet.
- Using computers and electronic equipment safely and competently.
- Working collaboratively online.
- Digital content creation in a variety of mediums.
- Using multiple programs to create one product.
- Organising and storing digital data.
- Understanding algorithms and computational thinking.
- Designing, testing and debugging own programs.
- Predicting behaviours of programs
Some of the software we use be downloaded for free!
Google SketchUp – make a 3D model of anything.
Google Earth – explore anywhere in the world
Prezi – presentation software
Weebly – Website design
Scratch – Programming
Kodu – Game Programming