Ethos, AIMs, Values and VISION
Hillbrook Primary School is a learning community where everyone can be successful. Effort is celebrated as well as achievement. We promote a culture that encourages children to enjoy learning, have fun, be happy at school and to reach their full potential.
We are proud to teach an ambitious, carefully designed curriculum that embraces the arts, music and sports. We work hard to give each child opportunities to develop academically, personally and socially.
We strive for our children to be confident, well-rounded and successful citizens and lovers of learning who can thrive and contribute in our world by being responsible, resilient and reflective members of society.
Long-range strategic objectives 2022–2025
Quality of Education – To consistently deliver a carefully designed progressive curriculum to equip children with the knowledge, skills, confidence and self- belief that they need for the future.
Behaviour and Attitudes – To create a culture where children are empowered to demonstrate resilience, responsibility and reflectiveness.
Personal Development – To develop children’s character, raise their aspirations and give meaningful and memorable experiences.
Leadership and Management – to enable all staff to perform their roles effectively through the provision of focused professional development and opportunities for growth whilst ensuring a sustainable and ambitious model of leadership.
Our vision for Hillbrook is underpinned by the following core values, our 3 Rs.
- Be Resilient
- Be Responsible
- Be Reflective
We actively promote opportunities to enable our children to become responsible, reflective and resilient members of our school community and beyond. We do this by embedding and reinforcing the following aims in all aspects of school life. We believe that these will help our children to be successful at school and prepare them for life.
Don’t give up
Work through problems
Don’t be afraid to make mistakes
Develop strategies to manage different situations
Rebound from problemsSee opportunities
Take the lead
Make good choices
Look after / help others
Take pride in our school
Follow the rules
Be a positive role modelBe fair
Think about what you have done & learn from mistakes
Think about both sides of an argument
Learn from situations
Ask for help
Know your strengths and weaknesses
Identify problems and find solutions
Try new ideas
Be open to changeThink about your actions
- To provide a warm and welcoming environment which is clean, safe and secure and allows everyone to learn
- To develop a whole school community that values positive attitudes, relationships and mutual respect and where high standards of behaviour are demonstrated and expected
- To have the highest possible expectations of all children so that every child can achieve their maximum potential
- To be a fully inclusive school that celebrates and recognises the needs, diversity and abilities of our community, valuing everyone and ensuring that everyone is of equal importance
- To offer a rich, relevant and meaningful curriculum, full of memorable learning experiences that develops enquiring minds and fosters a life-long love of learning
- To promote and inspire a collaborative community spirit where parents and carers are supportive, engaged and involved in their child’s learning journey
- To foster and develop children’s emotional well–being, their resilience and their mental and physical health
We have a value for each month which is celebrated and referred to where relevant and our assemblies for each month are based upon each value. This is on a 2-year cycle.
At Hillbrook Primary School, we promote British Values. These values are:
- The rule of law
- Individual Liberty
- Mutual Respect and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs
These British Values are taught and promoted in a variety of ways
See British Values page for more details.