Starting primary school is a big event in your child's life. Below we have included all the information you need to consider when selecting the right school for you and your child including links to Wandsworth guides to ‘Choosing Schools for Nursery and Reception placements’:
Admission to Nursery:
Nursery places are either full time or for 3 hours (morning or afternoon), Monday to Friday. Children must turn three before they start Nursery in September. In some cases, depending on numbers of admissions, additional places may be offered in January of the following year for those children who have turned three between 1st September and 31st December.
Full time places will only now be offered on the following criteria:
- Each parent (or the sole parent in a single parent family) will need to earn, on average, the equivalent of 16 hours on the national minimum wage per week, and no more than £100,000 per year.
- A family with an annual household income of £199,998 would be eligible if each parent earns just under £100,000.
- Self-employed parents and parents on zero-hours contracts will be eligible if they meet the average earnings threshold.
There will no longer be eligibility for a full time place:
- Where one parent is not in paid employment (or neither parent works)
- Parents who are studying or in training unless this is combined with paid work which meets the minimum average earnings threshold.
If you have any queries with regards to Nursery admissions please do not hesitate to contact Jacqueline Simpson in the office (020 8672 3957).
Admission to Reception:
All applications for Reception are made directly through Wandsworth Council by applying online at: www.wandsworth.gov.uk/admissions.
Starting School in the Early Years
We want your children’s first experience of school to be positive and happy. Before the end of the summer term, you and your child will be invited to an induction morning at the school. This is a chance for your child to spend time in their new classroom and meet their new teacher and the adults who will be working with them.
Choosing a Primary School is a big decision, whatever the age of your child. If you are moving into the area then please feel free to contact us to visit Hillbrook and ask questions. If you wish to apply for a place in the school, applications must be made directly to Wandsworth Council. Parents and carers should contact Pupil Services (020 8871 7316) to find out current availability and to obtain an application form. Alternatively you can e-mail email@example.com.